How is purpleBACKUP different from backing up to a tape drive / CD?
With tape drives and CDs you have to remember to do it, and keep doing it.
Then you need to make sure you take the backup off site, as a backup tape
destroyed in an office fire is no use to anyone. With purpleBACKUP your
files are transferred to our secure servers in our state of the art datacenters,
where they are stored, not only on our backup server, but also a second
replicated backup server.
We can also keep multiple versions of files, so if you need Tuesdays copy of a
spreadsheet thats updated every day you can. You can also access your
files from any remote location with an internet connection.
How often can I run the backup?
As often as you want.
Do I have to backup everything each time?
No, the first time you backup it will backup everything, after that it will only
backup new files or files that have changed. Of the files that have
changed, our sophisticated software is clever enough to only backup the parts of
the file that have changed, so those big files you use and update everyday will
backup in no time.
Why purpleBACKUP and not another remote backup company?
- Our software is very easy to install and use
- We have multiple servers over different geographical locations replicating your
data as a further backup
- We're a UK based company, only ever storing your data in the UK
- Your data can be encrypted with a 256bit encryption algorithm
- Your files can be downloaded from a web-based interface from anywhere in the
- We provide comprehensive reports on your data backups, letting you know of your
data usage and any missed backups / errors